Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Husband, the Stay-At-home Wife

My husband and I truly enjoy living in our new apartment. There is a certain snug feeling to driving home from work, and not to your parent's home. Even if it is a home with crooked floors. Seriously, the floors in our apartment is so off-balance the refrigerator leans.
Since my husband, Nick, is an elementary school teacher, he has spent the better part of the last few months on the couch. While I am working nearly forty hours a week as a waitress, Nick is mastering the gameplay of something called NBA 2K11. I fall asleep and wake up to the sound of a fake pair of announcers yelling fake gameplay as a fake crowd goes wild. But don't tell my husband I said that, because how dare I call something engineered so realistically fake?
As he plays, he somehow earns classic Jordans, as in the shoes. I'm still a little bit foggy on how he gets them, but I've seen the collection multiple times. This is due to the fact that he'll explain each of their special powers to whoever will stand still for more than a second.
And he says I'm obsessed with shoes?
It's so bad that when we are with friends you will hear him boastingly state things such as "Yeah, I finally made it to the finals, with a really tough win against the Pacers."
When Nick is not covering as the next Michael Jordan, he is being extremely helpful as a housewife. I have come home repeatedly to the once pile of crusty dishes not only scrubbed but put away correctly in the limited cupboard space we have.
If there is one chore he prefers above all others it is vacuuming. This is because of two main reasons.
A: The very first thing he registered for after he proposed was our Dyson Ball. It was his favorite gift. By far above all the pretty plates and vases. Since our apartment is mainly crooked wood floors, he uses every excuse he can to use it on the rug in our living room or the small carpet space surrounding our bed.
Reason B is that our extremely vocal and hyperactive beagle is terrified of it. After being terrorized by Rudy all day to play play feed play pet potty play feed...Nick looks forward to the revenge of chasing him around the apartment.
So while my life may not be quiet or peaceful, at least it is clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment